These are healthier than their breaded deep fried cousins and they have twice the flavor. I first saw this recipe on Pioneer Woman and it has become cult legend in our circle of friends. Thanks Ree!
- 20 whole jalapenos, split lengthwise and seeded carefully
- 2 blocks cream cheese
- 1 lb thin bacon, cut into thirds
- Depending on the heat levels of the peppers you are using you may want to use latex gloves to protect your skin. I personally like incredibly hot Bulgarian Carrots instead of the Jalapenos but I am insane.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once your jalapeno slices are split and seeded fill them generously with cream cheese. Wrap a piece of bacon around the pepper half and secure with a toothpick. You can freeze or refrigerate this peppers for later use or bake immediately.
- Bake on a pan with a rack for 20-25 minutes. If after 20 minutes your bacon is not brown turn on your broiler and watch carefully until brown.
- These are great hot or at room temperature so don't waste hot plate space on these. They probably won't survive long enough to get cold anyway.