This Sour Cream Apple Pie is my kids favorite apple pie. This pie reminds me of an apple cheesecake but it is so much easier to make.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped, peeled baking apples
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon. split 1/4 in pie filing and 1/4 in topping
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in apples. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar. 1/4 tsp cinnamon and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of pie. Return to oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve or cover and refrigerate.