Spinach with Parmesan and Pine Nuts
Pignoli (aka pine nuts) are available in most supermarkets these days, but if you can't locate them in your area, almost any nut may be substituted. Chopped walnuts or slivered almonds would be particularly good.
- 2 Tbs pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) washed and trimmed spinach leaves
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and add the spinach gradually, turning and stirring until all the leaves are just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, tossing to mix well.