- 12 tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, save paper to butter ramekins
- 1 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 6 cups rhubarb, 2 poundsor 6 large stalks, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- juice from 1
- HEat oven to 375 degrees, Use butter paper to butter six 8-ounce ramekins or a 2 1/2 quart shallow casserole and set aside. In a food prosessor, place the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and oats. Pulse ingredients twice. Add butter and pulse until mixture comes together in clumps; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, juice, zest and vanilla. In a small bowl combine sugar and cornstarch, then combine with rhubarb mixture. Stir. Pour 1 cup rhubarb mixture into each ramekin, and top with 1/2 cup crumb mixture. Bake for 30 minutes for ramekins and 40 for casserole. Transfer from oven to a cooling rack. Let cool slightly before serving.