- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added raspberry spread
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites discard yolks or reserve for another use
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine oil and sugar in a medium bowl, beating well with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add egg whites: beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa; add to sugar mixture, beating well. Stir in vanilla.
Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and pour in batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Spread with raspberry spread; sprinkle with nuts. Cool completely.