Per serving: Calories 139 (31% from fat), Fat 5 g (0 g saturated), Cholesterol 13 mg, Sodium 80 mg
- vegetable cooking spray
- egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin, fresh or canned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground <
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, and stir well; make a well in center of mixture. Combine pumpkin, oil, vanilla, egg, and egg white in a bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; break large air pockets by cutting through batter with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees F for 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.