- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 McIntosh apple, peeled, cored, seeded, and grated
- 2 27-ounce jars prepared mincemeat
- 1 recipe Basic Pie Crust
- 1. Heat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll half pÃ¢te brisee into a 12-inch circle. Fit pastry into an 9-inch glass pie plate; trim dough evenly along edge. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mincemeat filling, grated apple, brandy, and lemon zest. Transfer filling into the chilled pie crust.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half of pÃ¢te brisee to a 12-inch circle. Transfer to pie plate. Trim dough evenly along edge and just press to seal edges. Cut small slits in pastry with the tip of a paring knife, about 3/4-inch apart. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°, and bake until the crust is golden brown and the center bubbles, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.