- 2 tbsp Dry sherry
- 4 Spring onions chopped
- 1 Piece of root ginger shredded
- 500 g l1b Boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 Celery sticks sliced
- 125 g 4oz button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Green pepper cored, seeded, and sliced
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few lemon slices to garnish
- Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl. Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Add the celery, mushrooms and the green pepper. Stir fry for one minute.
Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the Soy Sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
Pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.