- 3 large fleshy orange bell peppers
- 5 to 10 ripe habanero peppers
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 9 fl oz liquid fruit pectin Certo or equivalent
- Remove stems, seeds and membranes from all peppers (use gloves when handling the habaneros...yes... seriously... USE GLOVES!). Put peppers and the vinegar in a blender and process until smooth. Combine pepper-vinegar puree and all the sugar in a non-corrosive pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for twenty (20) minutes. Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth into another pan. Add pectin and bring to a full rolling boil while stirring. Boil about one minute, remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars.