- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystal sugar
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream brown sugar and margarine; add molasses and water, beating with an electric mixer set at medium speed until well blended. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well. Gently press mixture into a ball; wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
Roll dough to a 1/8-inch thickness on a well-floured surface. Cut with round or other cutters.
Place cut-out cookies on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with crystal sugar. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 minutes. Cool on wire racks.