Don’t let the name fool you! This recipe for Funeral Poatoes will be the life of the party. Also known at Cracker Barrel Restaurants as their Hashbrown Casserole. This super easy casserole is perfect for Christmas morning or a side for a cozy meal. You can easily modify this recipe by adding some or all of our suggested additions.
- 2 pounds frozen Hash Browns
- 8 ounces Sour cream
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups grated Colby Cheese Cheddar or other Cheeses can be substituted
- 1 cup corn flakes or potato chips crushed
- 2 oz diced pimientos
- 4 oz Ham thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp franks hot sauce
- 1/4 cup fresno chili diced
- Place potatoes in a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- In a bowl add minced onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, and melted butter. You an also add any optional additions at this time.
- Mix these items together.
- Pour soup mixture over potatoes, sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese and top with crushed corn flakes or potato chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.