This classic casserole just happens to also be a best seller at the Cracker Barrel Restaurants as their Hashbrown Casserole, you can make this wonderful side dish, you don’t even need to be an experienced cook to make this dish, it is easy.
- 2 pounds frozen Hash Browns
- 8 ounces Sour cream
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups grated Colby Cheese Cheddar or other Cheeses can be substituted
- Place potatoes in a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- In a bowl add minced onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, and melted butter.
- Mix these items together.
- Pour soup mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.