Day 23 – Rain or Shine
I have successfully implemented a daily schedule for myself. As long as it isn’t hail and lightning then I am out every morning walking. Even on the weekend I look forward to getting up and walking some place I don’t get to walk on the week days. Last Saturday my husband and I did a 7.5 mile walk down almost the full length of the North/South Riverwalk here in San Antonio. We walked from the Pearl Brewery to the Blue Star Brewery and stopped for lunch and then back to the Pearl. I think this might become a regular occurrence because it is an absolutely beautiful walk. I haven’t lost much more weight but my clothes are loosening up quite nicely and I notice my tummy has firmed up. So I am happy even if my scale isn’t. I have been watching what I eat very carefully so I have a feeling the scale will start cooperating again after I get past this time of the month (if you know what I mean). I am surprised my skin as clear as it is right now so things are
This Saturday is going to a splurge day but I will do my best to keep the calories in check and I am going to force myself to get up extra early that day because we have a local brewery tour starting at 8:30.am. Yes we will be getting on a bus to go tour 6 different brewery at 8:30 in the morning. We are already calling it the drunk bus and I anticipate it is going to be a ball. The 5 Pint Brew Crawl will be visiting these breweries in order:
1. Dodging Duck Brewhaus – I have never been here or tried any of their beers
2. Free Tail Brewery – Tried a few of their beer and hoping they can change my opinion
3. Faust Brewing Company – Suppose to have a period pub.. lets see how it cares to my beloved Fiddler’s Hearth in South Bend, IN.
4. Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling – I have tried a few of their beers but never visited their facilities
5. Blue Star Brewing Company – Had lunch here last Saturday but didn’t feel much up to drinking after that walk.
We have got to know a lot of folks from the local brew community so I am really looking forward to a day of fun.
My goal that morning will be to get up and do my walking before the crawl and to eat as carefully as I can but I am sure I will hit my calorie budget with just beer. Wish my waistline luck!