- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot 1 medium carrot
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage about 1 head
- 1. Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice).
2. Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Add the cabbage and carrots and mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.