This is great served hot for breakfast!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup vanilla flavored sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup confec
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
2. Cream the butter or margarine, vanilla flavored sugar and eggs together. Add the coconut flavoring and mix well.
3. Mix in the self-rising flour alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Stir in the flaked coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes. Pour glaze over hot loaf and serve.
To Make Glaze:
Mix the confectioner's sugar and milk together until smooth.
To Make Vanilla Flavored Sugar:
To a large jar (1 gallon sized) add one vanilla bean. Let sit at least one week before using. Add more sugar as needed.