- 3 Ft small hog casings
- 1 1/2 lb Lean pork butt, cubed
- 1 lb Veal, cubed
- 1/2 lb Pork fat, cubed
- 1/4 ts Ground allspice
- 1/2 ts Cr
- 1. Prepare the casings.
2. Grind the pork, veal, and pork fat separately through the fine blade of the grinder.
3. Mix the ground meats and grind again.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Stuff the mixture into the casings and twist off into four- or five-inch lengths.
6. Refrigerate for up to two days. The bratwurst can be pan fired or grilled over charcoal.