Boxty is a potato pancake that is traditionally filled with leftovers and served with a sauce. They can be filled with anything from Smoked Salmon with a whiskey cream sauce or left over Irish stew.
- 1 cup Potato raw grated
- 1 cup leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk or buttermilk
- salt to taste
- Butter for frying
- Combine mashed potatoes, shredded potatoes, flour, egg. salt and baking powder. Stir in milk until you get a pancake batter consistency.
- Butter the bottom of a non-stick pan and make boxties about 6 inches in diameter.
- Once cooked fill with filling of choice and sauce and serve