Creamed Fresh Asparagus Soup
An extremely simple and delicious soup.
- 3 lbs Aparagus spears, tips and ends removed and chopped into one inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and finely diced
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Saute onions in butter until translucent.
- Add Asparagus and garlic, continue to saute for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cook until Asparagus is tender.
- Once the Asparagus is tender either use an immersion blender or a blender to blend until smooth. Add cream and add salt if needed.
- Serve immediately.