Green Chile Chicken and Rice Wraps
This recipe is made in a rice cooker and is very simple to make.
- 1 1/2 cups medium-grain rice, such as Calrose
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles with liquid
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chuncks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 t
- Place the rice, chicken broth, chiles in the inner pot and stir.
- Add the onion, chicken then the seasonings, lightly stir, then cover and press the white rice button.
- Wait 25 minutes then loosely wrap the four tortillas in a paper towel and place them in the steam tray and place in cooker.
- Combine the sour cream, cilantro and chives in a small bowl.
- When the cooker is finished carefully remove the steam tray and check the chicken with tip of a knife to determine that the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Serve by spooning mixture into the tortillas and topping with sour cream and cheese before serving.