- 6 large Golden Delicious Apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts - chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Butter/margarine - 1/2 stick
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Core apples from blossom ends, leaving stem ends intact. Mix raisins and walnuts and stuff into cavities of cored apples. Set apples, stems up in a 7 x 12 inch pan. In a 1 to 2 quart pan, mix brown sugar, water, butter, cinnamon & nutmeg; stir over high heat until mixture boils. Pour hot syrup around apples.
Bake, uncovered, in 350~ oven, basting occasionally with syrup, until apples are tender when pierced and skin begins to crack, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove apples from oven; cool in pan at least 10 minutes or let cool to room temperature. Set each apple in a small bowl and spoon syrup around fruit.
In the top of each apple, cut a hole large enough for one of the candy worms and tuck one end into each apple, leaving most of the worm dangling. Offer cream to pour over apples.