- 1 (19-ounce) block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Few dashes of hot pepper sauce
- Canola oil to cover skillet by 1/8-inch
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Slice the block of tofu into 4 equal portions. Place the slices on paper towels and fold the towels over in both directions to cover the tofu. Place a baking sheet on top of the tofu and weigh it down with a 28-ounce can of tomatoes for 1 hour.
Combine the sherry vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce and place the tofu into the marinade. Marinate for 15 minutes on each side.
Place the flour into a shallow dish and the eggs into another. Lightly beat the eggs.
Heat the canola oil in the skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove tofu from marinade and drain on paper towels to remove any excess marinade.
Lightly dredge the tofu in the flour, knocking off any excess flour and slide into the eggs until completely, but thinly, coated on both sides.
Slide tofu gently into the hot oil and fry for 2 minutes until golden brown and delicious. Flip the tofu using the tongs, and cook for another 2 minutes.