Sautéed Lamb with Artichoke & Mint Jus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh (packed) mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato concasse
- 1/2 cup veal stock
- 1 cup dry Provencal wine
- 4 large artichoke hearts, boiled until tender and allowed to cool, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil from Provence
- 2 eggs, well
- Slice lamb rack into chops and pound lightly with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, mix bread crumbs, thyme, rosemary, marjoram and parsley until well blended. Dredge chops in egg mixture and then into bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere well. In a 14-inch saute pan, heat oil over medium heat until just smoking. Place chops in pan and saute until golden brown on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn chops over and repeat on other side. Remove chops to serving platter and drain all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan. Add shallots and artichokes and toss to warm. Add wine, veal stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce by half, add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, shake to emulsify and add mint. Remove from heat and spoon over chops. Serve immediately with olive oil mashed potatoes with chives.