Original Green Goddess Dressing
This creamy, herby dressing was invented at the historic Palace Hotel in San Francisco in the 1920's in honor of William Archer's hit play The Green Goddess. It enjoyed great success, especially in California, for decades and, in our opinion, is worth a revival.
- 1 cup Traditional Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives or minced scallions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.