Japanese Salad Dressing
The pungent miso also adds vitamins, protein, and nutrients to this healthy, low-fat dressing, which contains just a 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil. Serve drizzled on top of a simple salad of iceberg lettuce and shaved carrots.
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup red miso
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine miso and sugar. Add mirin, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Stir until well blended. Serve over lettuce and carrot slices. Toss to combine.