- 2 Tbs bread crumbs
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel (yellow part only)
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel (orange part only)
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbs dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbs finely chopped onion
- 3 tsp unsalted margarine
- 2 whole boneless, skinless
- Pound chicken breast halves to approximately 1/4 in. (5 mm) thickness. Melt 1 tsp margarine in a small skillet over moderate heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until soft but not brown. Stir in sweet potato, optional wine, honey, lemon and orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper and heat through.
Divide mixture between 4 breasts halves, roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place roll-ups seam side down in a shallow baking dish. Cover and bake at 400F (200C) for 20 minutes until chicken is tender. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tsp. margarine in a small saucepan. Sprinkle the cooked roll-ups with the bread crumbs, drizzle the melted margarine over them, and brown under the broiler.